Already have a Username/Password for Nordic Journal of Information Literacy in Higher Education?
Go to Login
Need a Username/Password?
Go to Registration
Registration and login are required to submit items online and to check the status of current submissions.
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word or RTF document file format.
- When available, the URLs to access references online are provided, including those for open access versions of the reference. The URLs are ready to click (e.g., http://pkp.sfu.ca).
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end. Use no more than 3 levels of headings.
Type of article and length:
Research article? Within 6000-10000 words included references.
Best practice article? Within 3000-6000 words included references.
Book review? Within 500-1000 words included references.
Articles can be written in English, Norwegian, Swedish or Danish.
All articles must have an abstract in English.
Abstracts should cover the purpose of the study, the research design / methododology / approach, findings, and the originality / value of the paper.
Abstracts should contain no more than 250 words. Write concisely and clearly. The abstract should reflect only what appears in the article.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the "Publication Manual of the American Psychologist Association", last edition, the APA style.
- If submitting to a peer reviewed section of the journal, the instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed.
- If necessary authors are responsible for obtaining permissions for using copyrighted material, and pay fees that might be connected to the use of the material.
The copyright for articles in this journal are retained by the author(s). First publication rights are granted to the journal. By virtue of their apperance in this open access journal, articles are free to be used with proper attribution in educational and other non-commercial settings. Authors also extend to the Editors the right to redistribute their articles via other scholarly resources and bibliographic databases at their discretion. This extension allows the authors' copyrighted content to be included in some databases that are distributed and maintained by for-profit companies.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 4.0 Unported License.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.